Ruby on Rails Programmer
This Job has been archived.
Full Time | 09 June 2010
(Silverdale, WA, United States) Local Christian nonprofit organization looking for seasoned RoR Programmer who wants to make a difference in orphaned and destitute children’s lives. This is an on-site position at our Silverdale campus. PLEASE only those with intermediate to advanced Ruby on Rails experience need apply, as this is a prerequisite.
Although this is a full-time position, we will consider applicants only able to work half-time.
You will be responsible for new functionality, testing and integrating code contributed by freelancers and volunteers, as well as bug fixes and updates.
We are a Christian nonprofit missionary organization, so pay is considered below fair market value for this field.
If you are looking for a way to use your God-given gifts and talents to benefit orphaned and destitute children in Africa and the Dominican Republic and join a movement of people making a difference in the world, JOIN US!
• Integrating code contributed by freelancers and volunteers
• Developing new application components as well as refactoring, spec’ing, and refining the current code base
• Documenting and testing additions to the code base
• Short frequent, iterative releases
• Deploying releases to the server
• Server administration
• Dedication to test driven development
• Demonstrated Ruby on Rails experience
• Experience with Linux command-line and server administration
• Relational database skills – MySQL, Rails-style structure
• Experience with Git (GitHub) or other version-control system
• Experience with RSpec
• Experience with Mac OS X
SPECIAL NOTE: Children of the Nations is an EXTRAORDINARY organization to be a part of. If you are a mission-minded individual looking to put your skills and talents to work for the Kingdom please join us!